Let’s get right to the point: If you sign up for our January 21-25, 2013 classroom Bar Review Course in Pasadena, CA, we will give you the video course for FREE! This is an $820 value, so don’t pass up this chance to supplement your classroom work with our video course at no cost to you. The latest version of our video course was just released on December 1, 2012 and, like our classroom course, it reflects all the latest changes to the law and to the USPTO registration exam.
The USPTO announced recently that they will be updating the content of the registration exam in early April 2013 to reflect the provisions of the America Invents Act (AIA) that will take effect on March 16, 2013. Why not prepare now and take the exam before it changes in April?
The Hilton Pasadena.
And we are offering an incredible rate of $127.00 per night at the program hotel for the January course — the Hilton Pasadena — that is valid through January 14, 2013. Don’t delay, register today!
Use the link below to:
Read Full Post »
Don’t let a hectic life get in the way of your success. Patent Resources Group’s Video on Demand (VOD) courses let you progress in your career while saving you time and money. Study at your own pace while at home or in the office. You can enhance your knowledge of patent searching or patent strategy, and you can also prepare for the USPTO Patent Bar Exam by watching PRG’s acclaimed Patent Bar Review in VOD format.
The following Video on Demand courses are available right now on the PRG website:
- Video Patent Bar Review Course – Our Video Course is now available through the intuitive, easy-to-use VOD interface on the PRG website. As you watch Paul Gardner’s lecture, you’ll also see a PowerPoint presentation that follows along with the video. The Video Course provides all of the same instruction and materials as the Classroom Course, with the flexibility of proceeding at your own pace. You have the power to rewind, repeat, and reinforce if you feel that there is something you missed. In addition to the Video Course, you’ll also get free access to the new and improved ExamWare®, our highly-acclaimed patent exam preparation software that’s now available online.
Watching the Patent Bar Review through Video on Demand.
- Methods to Improve Your Patent Search – This three-module Video on Demand course is designed to introduce or enhance the knowledge of patent attorneys and agents, inventors, paralegals and research managers on how to conduct a professional patent search. The first module covers “Search Mechanics and Searching for Patentability,” the second module covers “Searching for Validity or Invalidity,” and the final module in this series covers “Searching for Infringement, Clearance, or Freedom to Operate.” The course was designed and written by twelve experienced patent information specialists with expertise in both English and foreign language searching. It is taught by Matthew Rodgers, Managing Director, Europe at Landon IP. Prior to this role, Mr. Rodgers was the Vice President of Patent Searching and Analytics with Landon IP, and is a former patent examiner at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Unlike courses that are taught by competing database providers, these modules are not tied to a particular search engine, a database product or a patent information service. Instead, the instructor teaches skills that are applicable across databases, both proprietary and public, and without bias toward the features of a particular search engine.
- Using Patents to Power Your Business Strategies – This three-module Video on Demand course is designed for business strategists, business decision makers, and business executives to teach them about leveraging intellectual property for profit as a business strategy. The course explores the dynamics behind creating, acquiring, advancing and defending patentable assets. These dynamics are central to winning the competition for ideas and relationships through which companies derive successful products. This course, taught by Robert Cantrell, who has focused on patent strategy and intellectual property management since 1993 for companies worldwide, concentrates on playing the patent game. It is not a traditional “how to” course; it is a “what to” course that presents ideas and case illustrations from which to craft your own patent strategies.
Visit the PRG website to learn more about each of these courses, get instructions on purchasing/viewing a Video on Demand course, and watch a free Video on Demand course about How to Pass the Patent Bar: A Primer.
Read Full Post »
You’re ready to prepare for the USPTO Patent Bar Exam, but you prefer learning on your own and at your own pace, rather than in a classroom environment. Or maybe you just can’t (or don’t want to) travel.
PRG’s Video Bar Review Course is the perfect solution for you! The Video Course provides all of the same instruction and materials as our Classroom course, with the flexibility of proceeding at your own pace. You have the power to rewind, repeat, and reinforce if you feel that there is something you missed.
Watch the Patent Bar Review Video Course online!
And our video course is now available online, through the intuitive, easy-to-use video-on-demand interface on the PRG website. No more disks! And as you watch PRG Academic Director Paul Gardner’s lecture, you’ll also see a PowerPoint presentation that follows along with the video.
Prefer a classroom course? We’ve got you covered with the options below:
- January 23-27, 2012 — Newport Beach (Orange County), CA (Register today — it’s not too late!)
- March 12-16, 2012 — Washington, DC (Alexandria, VA)
- May 7-11, 2012 — Chicago, IL
- June 18-22, 2012 — Boston, MA
If you take our classroom course or purchase the video course, you’ll also benefit from access to the web-based version of ExamWareTM, our highly-acclaimed patent exam preparation software.
Whether you are interested in the video course or a classroom session, use the links below to:
And did you know that PRG also offers other Video-on-Demand courses? Watch a FREE Video on Demand Course on the PRG website.
Read Full Post »
[tweetmeme source=”Intellogist” only_single=false] I recently had the opportunity to watch one of Patent Resources Group’s Video-on-Demand (VOD) courses, and I wanted to share a few points I took away from the experience. I viewed the course “Patent Law Essentials,” a 5.5 hour course taught by PRG’s Academic Director, Paul Gardner. Besides getting an excellent overview on the basics of patent law, I also got to view the Video-on-Demand (VOD) interface. Continue reading to learn the top reasons I was impressed with the course!
Read Full Post »
Alexandria, Va. (May 15, 2009)—Patent Resources Group (PRG), the nation’s leading patent educator, has launched a Video on Demand program that allows legal and business professionals to access patent courses and earn continuing legal education (CLE) or continuing professional development (CPD) credits online.
Video on Demand customers can take PRG’s high-quality patent education courses at their own pace from any computer with Internet access, while eliminating the travel and hotel expenses associated with attending a classroom course. Each Video on Demand course is taught by experienced PRG faculty and is based on lectures, slides, and textbooks developed specifically for this program.
PRG’s Video on Demand program launches with six patent education courses:
- Avoiding Inequitable Conduct
- Avoiding Prosecution Pitfalls
- Methods to Improve Your Patent Search (3 Modules)
- Passing the Patent Bar: A Primer
- Patent Law Essentials for Paralegals, Legal Secretaries, Administrators, and Inventors
- Using Patents to Power Your Business Strategies (3 Modules)
As a special promotion, PRG is offering free access to Passing the Patent Bar: A Primer. Additional details regarding this free course as well as the other Video on Demand courses can be found at www.patentresources.com/FreeVideo.
“In today’s challenging economy, our new Video on Demand program offers an affordable alternative for legal professionals to further their patent careers,” says Vanessa Brown, Patent Resources Group’s Vice President. “Online video courses allow us to showcase our 40 years of experience providing comprehensive and indispensable patent education. We will continue to expand our Video on Demand offerings and will launch other remote learning options throughout 2009.”
PRG’s state-of-the-art video player includes many user-friendly features, such as synchronized slide presentations and the ability to fast-forward, rewind, pause, and set bookmarks.
Read Full Post »