PRG successfully introduced its Institute for Patent and Trademark Paralegals, Secretaries, and Administrators in 2010 – a Program specifically targeting the needs of the critical personnel who support the smooth and efficient operation of a patent practice. In 2012, we are again offering Patent Administration: A Foundation for Success, which is the keystone course in the Program and one of our most popular offerings.
Patent Administration: A Foundation for Success, is a complete and thorough 3-day certificate program designed to provide patent paralegals, secretaries, and administrators with a firm understanding of the fundamentals of patent law, as well as practical tips and advice that can be applied on a day-to-day basis to save time and ensure success.
Patent Administration: A Foundation for Success covers the following key topics relating to patent prosecution support:
- Overview of U.S. patent law, including changes due to the America Invents Act (AIA)
- Patenting process at the USPTO
- Preparation and filing of applications and prosecution documents with the USPTO
- Introduction to Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) practice and filing
- Detailed discussion on patent research and document retrieval
The course will be held:
- August 13-15, 2012 in Washington, DC (Alexandria, VA)
- September 10-12, 2012 at the Concierge Conference Center in New York, NY
Use the following links to: