Landon IP, in conjunction with partner Patent Resources Group (PRG), is excited to present a training course specifically targeting patent professionals who need to better understand how to perform patent searches.
Art & Science of Patent Searching — Patentability, Validity & Infringement is taught by Jonathan Skovholt and Brian Thurmond, expert patent professionals from Landon IP’s Patent Search Group, who provide strategic guidance to legal and corporate customers worldwide. Landon IP is the largest domestic patent search company and wrote the book on patent searching — Patent Searching: Tools & Techniques. Updated strategies from this text form the basis for this course.
Topics to be covered in this three-day course will include, but are not limited to:
- How to approach a search in a systematic, methodical, and exhaustive way
- How to properly scope the search before even beginning
- How to carefully search by classification, text query progression, and citations, knowing the benefits and pitfalls of each
- Both the major differences and subtle nuances in the steps for conducting a patentability, validity, or infringement patent search
- The differences between the major patent search engines and important considerations in selecting an appropriate search tool
This course is appropriate for both those who conduct patent searches and those who commission them. It is designed for patent attorneys and agents, inventors, paralegals, and research managers and will be understood by anyone from the inexperienced to advanced practitioners.
We’re offering Art & Science of Patent Searching on March 25-27, 2012 as part of PRG’s Spring 2012 Advanced Courses program at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa in Bonita Springs, Florida. The final half-day of the three-day course is an optional, hands-on Patent Searching Workshop, where attendees have a chance to practice searching alongside the course instructor.
For more information on this course, see Spring 2012 Course Highlight: Art and Science of Patent Searching.
Spaces are filling up, so anyone wanting to take this course should register today! Use the links below to:
- Register by fax or mail
- Register online or learn more about the Art & Science of Patent Searching course