PRG’s Spring 2012 Advanced Courses Program will be held from March 25-31, 2012 at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa in Bonita Springs, Florida, and all courses have been updated to reflect the many impacts of AIA. We’ve already posted an overview of all Spring 2012 Advanced Courses, so let’s take a closer look at individual courses. Today, we’ll focus on the “Designing Around Valid U.S. Patents” course, which has been offered by PRG for 15 years, and it remains one of the most popular course offerings!
General Information: “Designing Around Valid U.S. Patents”
- Course Dates: March 29, 2012 – March 31, 2012
- Course Times: 8:15-11:30; 1:30-4:45 (Thurs-Fri); 8:15-11:30 (Sat)
- Projected CLE: 15.0 hours
- Projected Ethics Credit: 2.0 hours
- Instructors (Please note that the faculty members listed for this course are subject to change prior to the actual course date): Patrick Burns, John Pinkerton, Patricia Prior, and Robert Turner
- For more detailed information on this course, visit this page of the PRG website.
Why Should You Take This Course?
The Designing Around course distills the patent infringement analysis into comprehensive yet concise step-by-step checklists that can be used by attorneys at all experience levels to assist their clients in developing competitive, noninfringing products.
- Literal infringement.
- Infringement under the doctrine of equivalents.
- Infringement of means plus function claim elements.
- Prosecution history estoppel.
Using and following these cookbooks, which distill opinions by the Federal Circuit and the Supreme Court in cases from Pennwalt to Festo IX, any patent practitioner can counsel his or her client on how to “design around” the patented invention with almost certain impunity – a design that appropriates the patented invention and that, prior to Pennwalt and its progeny, would have been held an infringement rather than the socially desirable activity of “designing around.”
Registration, Hotel Information, FAQs, and Special Offers:
- If you’re interested in registering online for this Spring 2012 Advanced Course, visit this page on the PRG website!
- You can also view the Spring 2012 Advanced Courses Catalog, which included a print registration form.
- Visit this page for more information on the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa in Bonita Spring, FL.
- Want general information on PRG’s Advanced Courses? Visit this FAQ page.
- And finally, learn about all the ways you can save through PRG’s Special Offers!