PRG always keeps our classroom Bar Review Course and our online video Bar Review Course current and up-to-date!
The latest version of our video course is being released on December 1, 2012. This video course reflects all the latest changes to the law and to the USPTO registration exam.
The USPTO announced this week that they will be updating the content of the registration exam in early April 2013 to reflect the provisions of the America Invents Act (AIA) that will take effect on March 16, 2013. Why not prepare now and take the exam before it changes in April?
Need some additional incentive? If you sign up for our January 21-25, 2013 classroom course in Pasadena, CA, we will give you the video course for FREE! This is an $820 value, so don’t pass up this chance to supplement your classroom work with our video course at no cost to you. The online video course gives you the ability to go back and review any portions of the course where you need some extra help and guidance, proceeding at your own pace.
Use the link below to:
Read Full Post »
Don’t let a hectic life get in the way of your success. Patent Resources Group’s Video on Demand (VOD) courses let you progress in your career while saving you time and money. Study at your own pace while at home or in the office. You can enhance your knowledge of patent searching or patent strategy, and you can also prepare for the USPTO Patent Bar Exam by watching PRG’s acclaimed Patent Bar Review in VOD format.
The following Video on Demand courses are available right now on the PRG website:
- Video Patent Bar Review Course – Our Video Course is now available through the intuitive, easy-to-use VOD interface on the PRG website. As you watch Paul Gardner’s lecture, you’ll also see a PowerPoint presentation that follows along with the video. The Video Course provides all of the same instruction and materials as the Classroom Course, with the flexibility of proceeding at your own pace. You have the power to rewind, repeat, and reinforce if you feel that there is something you missed. In addition to the Video Course, you’ll also get free access to the new and improved ExamWare®, our highly-acclaimed patent exam preparation software that’s now available online.
Watching the Patent Bar Review through Video on Demand.
- Methods to Improve Your Patent Search – This three-module Video on Demand course is designed to introduce or enhance the knowledge of patent attorneys and agents, inventors, paralegals and research managers on how to conduct a professional patent search. The first module covers “Search Mechanics and Searching for Patentability,” the second module covers “Searching for Validity or Invalidity,” and the final module in this series covers “Searching for Infringement, Clearance, or Freedom to Operate.” The course was designed and written by twelve experienced patent information specialists with expertise in both English and foreign language searching. It is taught by Matthew Rodgers, Managing Director, Europe at Landon IP. Prior to this role, Mr. Rodgers was the Vice President of Patent Searching and Analytics with Landon IP, and is a former patent examiner at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Unlike courses that are taught by competing database providers, these modules are not tied to a particular search engine, a database product or a patent information service. Instead, the instructor teaches skills that are applicable across databases, both proprietary and public, and without bias toward the features of a particular search engine.
- Using Patents to Power Your Business Strategies – This three-module Video on Demand course is designed for business strategists, business decision makers, and business executives to teach them about leveraging intellectual property for profit as a business strategy. The course explores the dynamics behind creating, acquiring, advancing and defending patentable assets. These dynamics are central to winning the competition for ideas and relationships through which companies derive successful products. This course, taught by Robert Cantrell, who has focused on patent strategy and intellectual property management since 1993 for companies worldwide, concentrates on playing the patent game. It is not a traditional “how to” course; it is a “what to” course that presents ideas and case illustrations from which to craft your own patent strategies.
Visit the PRG website to learn more about each of these courses, get instructions on purchasing/viewing a Video on Demand course, and watch a free Video on Demand course about How to Pass the Patent Bar: A Primer.
Read Full Post »
Patent Resources Group offers a variety of special pricing rates for the Patent Bar Review, loyalty program discounts, and PRG will even pay your $100 patent attorney/agent registration fee! Learn about all of PRG’s discounted rates and other special offers, including:
- $100 USPTO Patent Attorney/Agent Registration Fee Offer – After you take our Bar Review Course in 2012 and pass the USPTO bar exam, you will owe the USPTO a $100 patent attorney/agent registration fee. PRG wants to help you celebrate this great accomplishment by paying your registration fee for you!
- Bar Review – Military/Government Employee Pricing - PRG is pleased to offer a special tuition rate to U.S. federal government employees and U.S. military personnel of $400 off of the regular Bar Review Course tuition.
- Bar Review – Student Pricing - Any currently enrolled law, science or engineering student at an accredited school in the United States is eligible for this special student rate, and there are two options for the student to take the Bar Review course at a significantly lower price:
- Attend a live Classroom course or receive the home study Video course and save $500 off the regular price.
- Attend a live Classroom course at the regular price and receive the online Video lectures (an $820 value) at no additional cost!
- Loyalty Program – Patent Resources Group’s Loyalty Program provides significant savings on tuition for our 2012 Advanced Courses programs. If you were a paid attendee at any PRG course in 2011 (or purchased the video version of our Patent Bar Review course on DVD in 2011), you are eligible for this special pricing at our 2012 Advanced Courses programs. And after being a paid attendee at any 2012 course, you will be eligible for Loyalty Program tuition at our 2013 Advanced Courses programs.
Visit the “Special Offers” section of the PRG website to learn more about these unique opportunities to save money on PRG’s industry-leading courses!
Read Full Post »
You’re ready to prepare for the USPTO Patent Bar Exam, but you prefer learning on your own and at your own pace, rather than in a classroom environment. Or maybe you just can’t (or don’t want to) travel.
PRG’s Video Bar Review Course is the perfect solution for you! The Video Course provides all of the same instruction and materials as our Classroom course, with the flexibility of proceeding at your own pace. You have the power to rewind, repeat, and reinforce if you feel that there is something you missed.
Watch the Patent Bar Review Video Course online!
And our video course is now available online, through the intuitive, easy-to-use video-on-demand interface on the PRG website. No more disks! And as you watch PRG Academic Director Paul Gardner’s lecture, you’ll also see a PowerPoint presentation that follows along with the video.
Prefer a classroom course? We’ve got you covered with the options below:
- January 23-27, 2012 — Newport Beach (Orange County), CA (Register today — it’s not too late!)
- March 12-16, 2012 — Washington, DC (Alexandria, VA)
- May 7-11, 2012 — Chicago, IL
- June 18-22, 2012 — Boston, MA
If you take our classroom course or purchase the video course, you’ll also benefit from access to the web-based version of ExamWareTM, our highly-acclaimed patent exam preparation software.
Whether you are interested in the video course or a classroom session, use the links below to:
And did you know that PRG also offers other Video-on-Demand courses? Watch a FREE Video on Demand Course on the PRG website.
Read Full Post »
I recently had the opportunity to watch one of Patent Resources Group’s Video-on-Demand (VOD) courses
, and I wanted to share a few points I took away from the experience. I viewed the course “Patent Law Essentials
,” a 5.5 hour course taught by PRG’s Academic Director, Paul Gardner
. Besides getting an excellent overview on the basics of patent law, I also got to view the Video-on-Demand (VOD) interface. Continue reading to learn the top reasons I was impressed with the course!
Read Full Post »