Alexandria, VA (02/10/10) — Patent Resources Group will be hosting a panel discussion on “The Future of U.S. Patent Law” on June 11, 2010 in Washington, DC. This in-depth, one-day panel discussion, which is being offered in partnership with Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC, will bring together some of the best minds in patent law to inform, discuss, and debate the future of U.S. patent law. The one-of-a-kind event will include brief lectures, lively panel discussions, and audience participation.
Major topics will include:
- U.S. patent reform,
- Approaches to improve pendency and efficiency at the USPTO, and
- Latest developments at, and tensions between, the U.S. Supreme Court and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
The panel discussion will be moderated by Michael Meurer, Professor of Law at Boston University and co-author of Patent Failure: How Judges, Bureaucrats, and Lawyers Put Innovators at Risk.
The esteemed panel will include:
- Michele Boldrin, Professor and Chair, Department of Economics, Washington University in St. Lous, and co-author of Against Intellectual Monopoly
- Tom Irving, Partner at Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Patrick C. Keane, Shareholder and Chair of Intellectual Property Section, Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Samuel C. Miller, III, Counsel, Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
Join PRG and some of the best minds in the world of intellectual property for a discussion that is sure to be challenging and thought-provoking. Go to our website to learn more about this unique event and to register online.